We're well past the halfway point, but the wifi is being challenging, so I'm not able to update as often as I'd like.
I'm on book three, but Mom has abandoned reading in favour of a rerun of Midsomer Murders. I'm hoping to do a few more mini-challenges (I just did some exercise for hour 17 and thought up a great summer road trip for hour 18) and finish at least two more books before I hit hour 24 (or fall asleep)...
Saturday, April 29, 2017
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Victoria, BC
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Secret Garden - I saw the musical last week and need to fill in the plot gaps.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Bacon from the breakfast buffet
4) Tell us a little something about yourself. I work for a wine festival and theatre company. I play field hockey, trumpet and attempt to play golf. And I love to read, of course!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? It's been a couple of years - I'll probably be less competitive. I'm visiting family, so I'll be taking longer breaks to socialize than I normally would.
My mother is joining in, but isn't technologically inclined, so I'll update for her as well.
Into hour six now and I've finished my first book. Mom is reading and dozing - I'll keep her page count for her. I'm at 340 with one mini-challenge completed.
Hour 9 Mini-Challenge:
Mid-afternoon snack of orange juice and scone. About two-thirds the way through the book and halfway through the scone.
4:20 pm PST
Second book finished - Rather be the Devil by Ian Rankin. I haven't read a Rebus in ages.
My mother finished her first book - Deader Homes & Gardens by Joan Hess. We're going to have to be social for a couple of hours with the family, but I'll bring my phone to sneak some reading in when I get a chance...
Mid-Event Survey! (add link or comment below)
1. What are you reading right now? Just about to start Behind the Scenes at the Museum by Kate Atkinson. My mother is reading The Laws of Murder by Charles Finch.
2. How many books have you read so far? Finished two - my mother has finished one.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? The one I'm on. I was thrilled it was available at the library when I was loading up OverDrive.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Just meal interruptions. We're about to go for dinner with family, so I've just resigned myself to losing a couple of hours.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How tired I am :) I usually don't start to get tired until much later, but I didn't sleep much last night. My mother appears to be surprised by how fast I read...